In the first round, the oppo­nents scored five goals between them.

The post­poned match of the 26th round of the Pre­mier League between Chelsea And “Tot­ten­ham”. The Lon­don teams will play at Stam­ford Bridge sta­di­um, ref­er­ee Robert Jones will blow the start­ing whis­tle at 21.30 Moscow time. The Eng­lish Cham­pi­onship is not shown legal­ly in Rus­sia.

Eng­land. Pre­mier League. 26th round

May 02, 21:30. Stam­ford Bridge (Lon­don)

Chelsea

2:0

Tot­ten­ham Hot­spur

Bookmakers’ odds for the Premier League match Chelsea — Tottenham on May 2, 2024

Ana­lysts of the book­mak­er com­pa­ny FONBET believe that the hosts have a slight­ly bet­ter chance of suc­cess: the vic­to­ry of the blues is offered with a quote 2.15, this is approx­i­mate­ly 45% prob­a­bil­i­ty. Spurs’ win can be tak­en for 2.90 (33%), odds for a draw - 4.10 (22%).





The like­li­hood of Ange­los Postecoglou’s team not los­ing is esti­mat­ed at 1.70.

There is also a wide selec­tion of bets on the result, tak­ing into account the hand­i­cap:

• F1(0) — for 1.67Ф2(0) — for 2.20;

• F1(-1) – for 2.75F2(+1) — for 1.45.

Total over 3.5 goals goes for 1.80TM 3.5 — for 2.00.

The mar­ket for exchang­ing goals scored is avail­able for 1.32the reverse option is pre­sent­ed with a quote 3.35.

A dizzy­ing bonus from FONBET: reg­is­ter and get up to 15,000 rubles on your first bet with­out a deposit

“Spar­tak” does not lose with­out Abas­cal, and “Dynamo” has its own suc­cess­ful series. But in pre­vi­ous der­bies, the red and white were more lucky

Chelsea — Tottenham: forecast and analysis of the Premier League match on May 2, 2024

Both teams approached the der­by in not the best con­di­tion: the hosts had not won for three games in all tour­na­ments (two defeats), while the guests lost in the last two rounds, con­ced­ing sev­en goals. True, the Lon­don clubs met with seri­ous rivals: Chelsea faced Man­ches­ter City (0:1), Arse­nal (0:5) and Aston Vil­la (2:2), Tot­ten­ham faced New­cas­tle “(0:4) and with the same “gun­ners” (2:3).

Unsuc­cess­ful results have reduced Spurs’ prospects of get­ting into the top 4 — the sev­en-point gap from Aston Vil­la will not be cov­ered even by two games in reserve. At the same time, Postecoglou’s team def­i­nite­ly remains one of the bright­est in the cham­pi­onship. In Tot­ten­ham games, an aver­age of 3.6 goals are scored on both sides, the team has 67 goals scored and 52 con­ced­ed. Spurs have been real­ly dis­ap­point­ing defen­sive­ly at times: they looked good at the start of the sea­son, but they have only one clean sheet in the last 16 rounds of the Pre­mier League, and in the spring they are aver­ag­ing 1.75 goals per 90 min­utes.

Chelsea’s games are also often fun, but the team itself is com­plete­ly devoid of sta­bil­i­ty: in the 33rd round it destroyed Ever­ton (6:0), and just a week lat­er it suf­fered against Arse­nal (0:5). Sim­i­lar results have fol­lowed the Blues all sea­son, which has result­ed in the cur­rent ninth place and extreme­ly dim chances for Euro­pean com­pe­ti­tion. Mauri­cio Pochet­ti­no’s men can still cling to the Con­fer­ence League and even the Europa League, but for this they need to churn out vic­to­ries and wait for the fail­ures of their com­peti­tors.

The “aris­to­crats” also have seri­ous prob­lems in defense: only 39-year-old Thi­a­go Sil­va, who has already announced his depar­ture from the club at the end of the sea­son, con­sis­tent­ly demon­strates a top lev­el. In sev­en of the last eight rounds, the Blues upset at least twice, and con­ced­ed a total of 18 goals dur­ing this peri­od (2.25 on aver­age per 90 min­utes). In attack, Chelsea is saved thanks to the bril­liant Cole Palmer — the 21-year-old Eng­lish­man has already scored 23+13 in all tour­na­ments and is even fight­ing for the title of top scor­er in the Pre­mier League (20).

Mbappe wants to win the Cham­pi­ons League before leav­ing for Real. But PSG can’t win in Dort­mund

Injuries and suspensions before the Chelsea — Tottenham match

The Blues tra­di­tion­al­ly have a whole squad of injured play­ers. Wes­ley Fofana and Romeo Lavia have been unavail­able all sea­son. Reece James, Christo­pher Nkunku, Levi Colville, Les­ley Ugochuk­wu and Ben Chilwell have also been treat­ed for a long time. Not long ago, Malo Gusteau and Car­ney Chuk­wue­me­ka went on sick leave. Enzo Fer­nan­dez and Raheem Ster­ling have start­ed train­ing — it is unknown whether they will appear in the upcom­ing match.

Tot­ten­ham also have plen­ty of names in the infir­mary: Fras­er Forster, Des­tiny Udo­ji, Oliv­er Skipp, Ryan Sesseg­non and Manor Solomon. Of all of them, only Udo­ji is a main ros­ter play­er, so the loss­es are not crit­i­cal.

Chelsea — Tottenham: head-to-head statistics

In the first round, Pochettino’s boys unex­pect­ed­ly defeat­ed their oppo­nent (4:1). Chelsea, in prin­ci­ple, is play­ing suc­cess­ful­ly against Spurs — in the last 15 match­es in all tour­na­ments, they suf­fered only two defeats with 10 vic­to­ries. In the entire his­to­ry of the con­fronta­tion, supe­ri­or­i­ty is also on the side of the blues: in 178 meet­ings, they were stronger 77 times and lost 55 times.

Igna­she­vich cre­at­ed one of the best defens­es in the RPL in Balti­ka. This is a prob­lem for Karpin — Ros­tov scores very few goals

Forecast and bet on the match Chelsea — Tottenham

We are prob­a­bly in for a very excit­ing match. Over the top 3.5 goals have come in 11 of Chelsea’s last 12 Pre­mier League games, while Tot­ten­ham have had it in sev­en over the same peri­od. The teams round out the top 7 most pro­duc­tive in the cham­pi­onship: the hosts dif­fer on aver­age 1.91 times per 90 min­utes, the guests — 2.03. They often get the answer: the Blues have 1.78 goals con­ced­ed on aver­age per cham­pi­onship match, while the Spurs have 1.58. Also, the meet­ing of the clubs in the first round pro­duced as many as five goals.

Rec­om­mend­ed bet: total over 3.5 goals per 1.80.

A dizzy­ing bonus from FONBET: reg­is­ter and get up to 15,000 rubles on your first bet with­out a deposit